What is the Middle Class Scholarship?
Tuition scholarship at the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU)
La aplicación para el California Dream Act permite que los estudiantes matriculados en universidades de California elegibles, programas de colegio y educación profesional para solicitar ayuda financiera del estado. Esta aplicación no está relacionado a el programa federal Consideración de Acción Diferida para los Llegados en la Infancia (DACA)
The Middle Class Scholarship is for eligible families with income and assets of up to $165,000.
FAFSA/CADAA Application Period: October 1st through March 2nd
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
Eligible Postsecondary Institutions
- University of California (UC)
- California State University (CSU)
Scholarship Award Amounts
- No Less than 10% of System-wide Tuition and Fees
- No More than 40% of System-wide Tuition and Fees
See if You’re Eligible
Students must meet the following requirements:
- be a California resident attending a UC or CSU;
- be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or have *AB 540 student status;
- meet certain income/asset and other financial aid standards;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan;
- must not be incarcerated;
- be enrolled in 6 or more units.
* AB 540 students are subject to the following qualifications:
- Attend a California high school for a minimum of 3 years or attain credits equivalent to 3 or more years of high school coursework and have a combination of 3 or more years at a California elementary or secondary school as set forth in AB 2000;
- Graduate from a California high school or pass the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or get a General Equivalency Diploma (GED);
- Enroll in an accredited and qualified California college or university; and,
- If applicable, fill out an affidavit stating your intent to legalize your immigration status as soon as possible.
Eligibility for the MCS is limited to 4 years.